This policy sets out how Daisy Editorial uses and protects any information and data that you provide when you use this website and when you enquire about or engage my services. This includes ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you have any questions about privacy of your information or data protection, please contact me.
Short version: I only ask for what I need, and I take every step to make sure it’s safe while I have it.
I am committed to ensuring that your privacy and data are protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that I will only ask for what I need to conduct business with you and will use your information only in accordance with this policy.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check this page at any time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or am required by law to do so.
I take rigorous steps to protect your data while in my possession (see Data protection below).
What information I collect
I may collect the following information:
- Personal information that you provide by filling in the contact form on this website or by sending an email, including your name, your contact details, including postal and email addresses, and other information relevant to your enquiry (e.g. details of your book or project).
- A record of our correspondence.
- Copies of any documents you supply in order to request a quote or fulfil a contract between us (e.g. the draft of your document or book).
- Information about your use of this website, including pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data, browser usage, operating system and other communication data. Such information will not identify you personally but helps me judge how my website is performing.
I do not collect any financial information via this website. If you engage my services I will send you an invoice by email, but for which I will need your postal address. I do not accept direct payment by card or cheque so I do not hold your financial information.
What I do with your information
I will use this information to:
- respond to your enquiry
- provide you with professional services
- let you know about my availability or new services if we have an ongoing business relationship
- keep business and tax records
- analyse my business strategy and improve my products and services.
I take rigorous steps to ensure that your information is held securely while in my possession:
- I use a reputable web host.
- All work is done on password-protected computers that I control, including local storage of working documents and emails.
- Documents and emails are backed up regularly to secure, password-protected cloud storage.
- Documents and emails are backed up regularly to an external hard drive, which is then stored in a locked location.
- I periodically archive documents and emails for completed projects in a password-protected location.
- I ensure that all data is irretrievably wiped from old devices before I dispose of them.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may ask me to delete copies of any documents you send me after a project is completed.
- You may tell me that you do not want information in emails between us or in documents you send me to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to me or emailing me using the contact form on this site.
- You may request details of personal data (as defined under the GDPR) which I hold about you. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact me. If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email me as soon as possible. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites